Short Term Effects
The effect of magic mushrooms may last anywhere between 4 to 12 hours and this will differ depending on the quantity consumed. The most common experiences felt on a mushroom high are:
- Increased feelings of relaxation and happiness
- Audio and visual disturbances (seeing and hearing things)
- Confusion and trouble concentrating
- Increased and or irregular heart beat
- Hypertension and quickening of breath
Mushrooms are categorised as a hallucinogen. Like other hallucinogenics, it's real hard to predict the effect they'll have on a person. State of mind plays a role in a users experience on mushrooms and a bad experience on mushrooms can be both frightening and unpleasant, so be safe.